Wednesday, April 14, 2010

*You scare me

A letter written by Mr Lou Pritchett, an American retired Procter and Gamble executive, is again making the rounds on the internet and e-mail. Mr Pritchett wrote his "you scare me" letter for President Obama and sent it to The New York Times.

To read the letter:
Open Letter to President Obama

My response: Mr Pritchett wrote this letter within a 4 month period after Obama was sworn in as President. Now THAT was fast! But good for Mr Pritchett! As Americans we should indeed feel comfortable about expressing our OPINIONS.

I'm not as well known as Mr Pritchett, but I've expressed my opinions many times too. I wrote many letters to the previous Administration.. not only to President Bush and Laura but also to Mr and Mrs Cheney, to Mr and Mrs Colin Powell, to Mr and Mrs Rumsfeld and to my Congress representative. I even wrote letters and sent them to the local newspapers. But unlike Mr Pritchett, all my letters were published and/or acknowledged. He supposily sent his letter to the NY Times and his feelings were hurt because they didn't acknowlege it? Isn't the reason obvious? Was Mr Pritchett too "scared" to send his letter to OTHER newspapers?

Mr Prichett would have had more success with the media publishing his OPINION letter to President Obama, if he had taken the time to check out the FACTS before sending his letter full of rants. Obviously he has not learned how to use the Internet to check out the issues. Too bad. Mr Pritchett, a "scared" old man, has now made a fool of himself. A person can be successful, well learned with a ton of higher level degrees, but if there isn't any common sense to go with all that learn'n, then all that book learn'n is a waste.

Mr Pritchett gave President Bush a pass on all his many mistakes because of what he did after 9/11. Attacking the wrong country for the obvious wrong reasons? Earth calling Mr Pritchett..Where were you doing the previous Administration? There goes any credibility now for scared out of his wits, poor little Mr Pritchett. My advice to Mr Pritchett is to go back to where he REALLY knew his stuff....selling soap and toothpaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment