Thursday, November 26, 2009

* Jeremy Scahill



Jeremy Scahill: Blackwater's secret war in Pakistan

"The office of Adm. Mike Mullen, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the highest-ranking soldier in the US, tried to intimidate a reporter working on a story about security contractor Blackwater's operations in Pakistan, the reporter claims.
Jeremy Scahill -- whose story alleging secret assassination and bombing campaigns inside Pakistan run by Xe Services, formerly Blackwater, appeared in The Nation on Monday -- said he received a phone call from Adm. Mullen's office the day before the story appeared, informing him that his story "didn't match up with reality."
Speaking to Laura Flanders' GRITtv, Scahill described how he got little cooperation from the government in his investigation -- until he received a phone call from Adm. Mullen's office the day before the article was to be published."
"I didn't call them," Scahill said. "They called me. They wouldn't tell me how they got my number. They wouldn't tell me how they heard about the story. And they told me that my story didn't match up with reality."
Scahill said he interpreted the move as an attempt at intimidation."
Clam: Pentagon tried to "intimidate" journo covering Blackwater
http://rawstory.com/2009/11/pentagon-intimidate-journo-blackwater/

No comments:

Post a Comment