Tuesday, November 24, 2009

* Obama's Promise


"I will promise you this. If we have not gotten our troops home by the time I'm President, it is the 1st thing I'll do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war."------- Obama's promise while running for President, Oct 27, 2007. 


My note: The Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline is not scheduled to be fully operational until 2014. If  President Obama indeed decides to escalate the war, I predict that his reasoning will to have more time to train (at least until 2014) the Afghans for security purposes to "support a democracy". He won't mention the Trans-Afghan Pipeline. Will it be reasonable to expect the trained Afghan forces to secure this pipeline in which they will not have personal profit? If the plan is to end this war, then why the escalation in the building and improvements of American military bases in Afghanistan?


As always.. follow the money.  

No comments:

Post a Comment